A frequent activity in my job is responding to public requests for identification of possible fossils. The majority of these turn out to not be fossils at all, but a few are, and some of those eventually make their way into a museum collection. Continue reading
- Current activities from the Virginia Museum of Natural History Paleontology Department, and information about fossils and geology, updated by Dr. Alton “Butch” Dooley.
- RT @VMNH: Make plans to attend the museum's next edition of '2nd Thursday Science Talks' when VMNH Curator of Marine... http://t.co/B7JizWQ… 3 days ago
- RT @stressrelated: Those brief non-frantic moments you're not sure whether you can think about research, or whether you've just forgotten s… 6 days ago
- @callanbentley I did. Thanks! 1 week ago
- A new stromatolite donation to @VMNH, now with a link! wp.me/p1CZX8-1BO 1 week ago
- A new stromatolite donation to @VMNH, and some thoughts about the shift from stromatolites to thrombolites during the Cambrian. 1 week ago