Having finally produced a resin cast of the cranium of “Buttercup“, we want to make the cast look like a real fossil for exhibit purposes.That means painting, which is a multistep process. Continue reading
- Current activities from the Virginia Museum of Natural History Paleontology Department, and information about fossils and geology, updated by Dr. Alton “Butch” Dooley.
- RT @VMNH: Make plans to attend the museum's next edition of '2nd Thursday Science Talks' when VMNH Curator of Marine... http://t.co/B7JizWQ… 2 days ago
- RT @stressrelated: Those brief non-frantic moments you're not sure whether you can think about research, or whether you've just forgotten s… 5 days ago
- @callanbentley I did. Thanks! 6 days ago
- A new stromatolite donation to @VMNH, now with a link! wp.me/p1CZX8-1BO 6 days ago
- A new stromatolite donation to @VMNH, and some thoughts about the shift from stromatolites to thrombolites during the Cambrian. 6 days ago