Progress on Diplodocus

20110613-014907.jpg

I reported last month on our Diplodocus pelvis from Shell, Wyoming, which we have been cleaning in our lab. We accomplished two milestones in its preparation today. We completed the preparation work on the left ischium, shown above (the right ischium was completed last month.)

We also removed the right pubis from its field jacket for the first time, and turned the bone over so we can clean the inside (medial) surface.

20110613-014721.jpg

As you can see above, there is still a fair amount of sediment to remove on this side, as well as several cracks to glue and fill. Even so, this bone is remarkably well preserved, including some areas that are only a few millimeters thick.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Wyoming Excavations. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s