On Friday we finished removing the last jacket. Actually, the last two jackets, as we decided to divide the last jacket in two. All the jackets were safely removed, and we spent Saturday preparing to break camp.
In making the plaster jackets, a lot of small bones and teeth are removed in bags and boxes. We also spent some of our time today cleaning those specimens. A tiny sample of the several hundred specimens we collected this week are shown above, including:
A piece of the shell of the sea turtle Syllomus (on the left)
Teeth from the snaggletooth shark Hemipristis (top three teeth)
Teeth from the mako shark Isurus (bottom three teeth)
Partial dental plate from the fish Phyllodus (upper right)
Partial tail spine from a ray (lower right)
Tomorrow we head home after a very successful excavation.