We spent a good part of today continuing to add layers to the vertebra jacket. We’re letting it set up overnight, and we’ll try to flip it tomorrow. The shiny stuff behind the jacket in the photo above is aluminum foil, covering additional bones further back in the hill (just to make sure we don’t accidentally splatter plaster on them).
While the plaster was setting, we worked on the sediment just to the right of the jacket. We knew there was a large rock there, with a rib under it, but I didn’t think there were a lot of additional bones in that area. Turns out I was wrong; as soon as we started digging around the rock, we found at least seven additional bones (mostly ribs, to the right of the scale bar):