As promised, today we added a bunch of new cast elements to our Castoroides project (above). As before, white bones are new casts, dark bones are awaiting casting, and missing elements are in the process of being molded.
We’ve now completed most of the lumbar series, as well as both hands and feet. We’ve also started molding the thoracic vertebrae:
Catherine, an Earlham student who works at the Joseph Moore Museum, did the clay work and initial molds on the left scapula and ulna:
We also mostly completed the second side of the molds for the cranium and lower jaw, and started the first side of the sacrum:
Tomorrow we hope to finish the skull, and we begin working on the sternum, which promises to be particularly difficult.